Thursday, June 21 0 comments

One Step Closer

My first proof came today. Wow. After all these years of wanting to turn a story into a book, to hold that book in my hands was quite something.

As I expected, it needed some adjustments. It’s very hard to know how the cover will look in terms of light and dark and whether or not the colors will be what you are hoping. I was really happy the color seemed right on, but even after considerable lightening of the original file, hoping to compensate, the cover was still a bit too dark.

I’ve gone through the process of updating and re-uploading files, waiting for their approval which took longer this time, and have ordered another proof. I am hoping when it arrives late this week, I’ll be able to approve the proof and make the book available for purchase.

Saturday, June 16 0 comments

Almost There

The last few weeks have been hectic as I finish up this book project. The manuscript has been formatted and the cover made. There have been so many firsts as Molly helps me navigate all the technical aspects of this self-publishing adventure.

Last minute changes to manuscript and cover files done, I submitted my files to CreateSpace and they were approved which I was thankful for as any number of pesky and time consuming things could have been wrong. I ordered a proof which in itself is pretty exciting. It would be lovely if that first proof is okay. Otherwise I will have to adjust and order a new one, adding more time to the live date of the paperback. We’ll see.

I finished making and uploading eBook copies to Smashwords and Amazon’s Kindle Store. They are both live and available for purchase. If you would like a sample, the first half of the book can be downloaded at Smashwords. Just a few details left now and I can wrap up this phase of this project.