Thursday, June 21

One Step Closer

My first proof came today. Wow. After all these years of wanting to turn a story into a book, to hold that book in my hands was quite something.

As I expected, it needed some adjustments. It’s very hard to know how the cover will look in terms of light and dark and whether or not the colors will be what you are hoping. I was really happy the color seemed right on, but even after considerable lightening of the original file, hoping to compensate, the cover was still a bit too dark.

I’ve gone through the process of updating and re-uploading files, waiting for their approval which took longer this time, and have ordered another proof. I am hoping when it arrives late this week, I’ll be able to approve the proof and make the book available for purchase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment